TRAINING FOR SOCIAL WORKERS
This training is planned in view of increasing the effectiveness of the social interventions by social activists and organizations and enhancing their influence on the target population. The specific objectives of the training are
- To reflect on the current socio-political and economic scenario of the country
- To understand the role of Social Activists as mentors and leaders and learn the needed skills.
- To prepare an action plan for bringing about the needed changes in the style of functioning and approach as individual social activists and as a team.
The seven days training consists of movie sessions, input sessions and exposure visit to non-formal educations centres in the slums. The main topics dealt with during the training are:
- Social Analysis
- Social Workers as animators and facilitators
- Community Based Organizations
- Pluralism, National Heritage
- Religiosity and Spirituality
- Result Based Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Preparation of Action Plan