FIVE PATHS FOR PERSONSAL TRANSFORMATION
What makes USM different from many organizations and movements is its emphasis on the personal transformation of its members before they venture into activities for social transformation. The members are asked to practice the principles before preaching them to others. The conscious practice of the Five Paths for Personal Transformation is mandatory for all the members. These are:
- Pray daily for peace and forgiveness to be an agent of peace and reconciliati
- Skip a meal a week to express solidarity with the hungry and contribute the savings to the poor and the needy.
- Do a good deed a day without any selfish motive to develop loving concern for the nation.
- Honour parents, teachers and all human beings
- Respect the earth and save its resources